- To develop a research plan for execution.
- To comprehend and apply effective research techniques to solve organization problems.
- To set up a professional methodology and analytical procedure to scientifically arrive at
solutions for business queries.
- Learn the value of scientific research for problem solving and decision making.
- Present the findings and results for managerial action to gain competitive advantage and stay
ahead of competition.
Background to Research–Research paradigms Contributions of research to theory and
practice–Research Ethics–Literature Review–Identifying, accessing and managing sources of
information and scholarly literature–Academic writing and referencing–Steps in literature review
Qualitative Methods– The nature and types of qualitative research–Data collection methods–primary
and secondary sources–Types of data analysis methods–Writing up qualitative research.
Quantitative Methods–Data and Variables–The Nature of Quantitative Research–Descriptive and
Inferential Statistics–Sampling–Designing and Coding Questionnaires–Data Entry and Screening.
Hypothesis Testing–Association–Correlation Coefficients Bivariate,
Regression–Association–Chi–square Tests–Difference– t–tests–Difference– ANOVA–Reliability,
Validity and Rigour–Reporting a Quantitative Study.
Research Proposal–Purpose, nature and evaluation–Content and format–Practical
considerations–timelines, budgets, supervision management– Presentation and defense of
- Malhotra, Dash “Marketing Research: An applied orientation” 7th Ed. Pearson Ltd, 2015.
- Brown Suter Churchill, Marketing Research , 8th edition, Cengage Learning India Pvt ltd,2015
- G.C. Beri, 'Marketing Research', 4thedition,Tata McGraw–Hill Education.2007
- Churchill, Lacobucci&Israel, Marketing Research–A South Asian
Perspective'CengageLearning, India edition, 2010.
- Harper, W. Boyd Jr, Ralph Westfall, Stanley F. Stasch, Richard D. Irwin Inc.,'Marketing
Research – text and cases', All India Traveler Book Seller 12th edition ,2014
- Raymond Kent, Marketing Research – Measurement, Method and application', International
Thomson Business Press edition 2, 2011
- William G. Zikmund, Barry J. Babin, 'Essentials of Marketing Research, International Edition,
5e, Cengage Learning ,2015
- William G. Zikmund, Barry J. Babin, Jon C. Carr, Mitch Griffin, 'Business Research Methods,
International Edition, 9e, Cengage Learning, 2014.